WHO STOLE YOU HEART
I would like to say thank you, again, publicly to those of you that have assisted us to answer the call of God in supplying nearly 5 thousand pounds of food to the Elkhart County area that has become the nation’s leading community of unemployment, which once was leading the nation in industry. Because of you opening your cupboards, freezers and sending donations to the “Peoples Keepers Project” established from the platform last week many families went to bed fed last night and got up this morning with food on the table. This week we are anticipating an even greater response to “Operation Restore.” I want to encourage those of you that are listening and will hear this broadcast during the week to bring your perishable and non-perishable items to this drop-off post hear at ICU/WUBS Ministries 702 LW.W., South Bend, IN.
We truly are restoring hope and faith as we replenish God’s Storehouse with food stock to be distributed to church pantries throughout Elkhart County. I just want to thank you on God’s behalf and I know our heavenly Father He is visiting you and will visit you at your great time of need.
The bible tells us Jesus says, 35. For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:
36. Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me. 40. Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.
But because of past hurts and wounds in folks heart I find that many people have put a lock on their heart and a fence up to guard the door of their heart so intruders can’t come and steal their heart, ever again.
Let me speak to your pain right now and let you know that fence that protects you from ever having another broken heart is so high even Jesus won’t go over it and so wide even Jesus won’t go around it and it is so deep that even Jesus won’t go under it. In other words many people have fortified their hearts that even Jesus can’t go through it get to their hearts.
Folks with guarded hearts want everything and everybody to stay on the outside; so as not to be disturbed. Therefore, nothing touches their heart and they are not concern with national or local disasters or their neighbor’s distresses; and many of these people not only turn a deaf ear to their neighbor’s cry of distress but many time turn a deaf ear to their kinfolk’s distress, also. Somebody ought to say amen if you know what I’m talking about.
Who stole your heart! Is my question today? Do you have a heart?
How many of you know that you can’t live this life without a heart?
Listen, the heart beats more than blood through our veins, but it beats and sends love which in turn gives us life to you and those around you. Amen. Our life is like a radar system sending and receiving love vibes 24/7.
The bible declares that God is Love. So my brothers and sisters my first point is if God is love then it stand to reason that the life we live is love. We are the embodiment of God’s love. I challenge anyone of you to try and separate life from love and love from life.
You can’t do it with the sharpest knife or the screwiest debate.
I heard somewhere that it is better to have lived and loved; than to have lived and never loved.
22. Then Apostle Paul stood in the midst of Mars' hill, and said, Ye men of Athens, I perceive that in all things ye are too superstitious.
26. And “God” hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation; 27. That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us:
28. For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.
Apostle John 1
1. In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2. The same was in the beginning with God. 3. All things were made by him; and without him was not anything made that was made.
4. In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
Who Stole Your Heart? What a robber and thieve he was to take the joy from your life and wipe the smile off your face. Who Stole Your Heart? Who took away that God part of your life?
Who Stole Your Heart? Or did you give it away?
Maybe, you are like the lady with the issue of blood for twelve long years and could not find no help and no love; therefore, she could put her trust in no one and no one could put trust in her she had spent all she had. But I stop by here today to report the good news; and it is about a “Physician” a “Loving Physicians” that came to her town and passed by her way. This physician was no ordinary doctor; He is Greater than the witch doctor, Greater than the Chief Medical Doctor and Greater than a Surgeon General Doctor. He is the “Great Physician” doctor. Doctor Jesus is His name. Says, yes, yes, yes somebody, because Doctor Jesus “The Great Physician” is a heart fixer and a mind regulator who specializes in restoring the broken hearted and those that are cast down spiritually. Jesus is able to do open heart surgery without a scalpel and His incision leaves no scar.
Somebody ought to shout glory to His name in this house!
Jesus is able to operate on that stony hearted person and that fearful hearted person and that cold hearted person. Amen. Jesus is able to transform hearts today that will tick for God; and beat with compassion for all humanity. Amen.
So my question to you “Who Stole Your Heart?” can be answered today by knowing it is Repairable; it is recoverable and it is replaceable through our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
IN OTHER WORDS, THE HEART THAT ONCE WAS LOST, IS NOW FOUND IN CHRIST JESUS. AMEN. The testimony of them WHO WAS LOST BUT NOW FOUND is simply this:
1 John 3
14. We know that we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren. He that loveth not his brother abideth in death.
15. Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him.
16. Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren.
17. But whoso hath this world's good, and seeth his brother have need, and shutteth up his bowels of compassion from him, how dwelleth the love of God in him? 18. My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth. 19. And hereby we know that we are of the truth, and shall assure our hearts before him. 20. For if our heart condemn us, God is greater than our heart, and knoweth all things.
21. Beloved, if our heart condemn us not, then have we confidence toward God. 22. And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight.
23. And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment.
24. And he that keepeth his commandments dwelleth in him, and he in him. And hereby we know that he abideth in us, by the Spirit which he hath given us.
Remember Jesus has paid OUR DEBT “and no more needs be done; except for you to receive His Atoning work of grace and mercy in your life.
Yes my brothers and sisters, we have unfinished work to do in restoring hope and faith throughout the land and replenishing Church pantry shelves that are depleted, because of the volume of need.
But the first work is to get right and stay right with Jesus. Amen. Getting right with Jesus is being on the same page with Him. Your bible says, Philippians 2
5. Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:
Jesus was one the same page with God His Father and is calling you and me today to that same fellowship. It is good to be in the ship; but being in the fellowship of God is better. Amen.
Confess Jesus Christ as Lord of your life and believe that God did raise Jesus from the dead and you shall be eternally saved.
“SOMEBODY TRULY LOVES YOU, GOD LOVES YOU! LET HIM STEAL YOUR HEART”
Preach by: Rev. Sylvester Williams, Jr.
I.C.U. Ministries, Inc.
February 15th, 2009