Where Is Your Security
Everyone needs to feel secure and how we become secured is entirely up to us and in our hands. A baby needs a pacifier to feel satisfied and snuggle cuddly in a blanket to securely fall asleep in peace. How do you secure yourself?
As an adult we have many more choices as to what our security mechanisms will be to give us a sense of peace.
I saw a women walking in one of the darkest in our city late one night, but had a big dog at the other end of the chain. I thought to myself that she surely must feel brave and secure from being attack by an assailant because of her big old dog.
Here is a trivia question; who do you think felt most secured the women or the dog? Is it the owner because of the dog or the dog because of the owner?
Let us keep walking because this is not our camping ground there is better ground ahead where the view of God is plain. You gone walk with me?
You may think that was something, but listen to this, I saw a grown man the other day walking down the street clinging to a teddy bear as he went along. And everywhere he goes he is carry a teddy bear. On his face is an expression of peace, which suggests he is totally happy and secure and not shame. Those passing him by simply look on and smiled with amusement. I donít know what your reaction would be if you saw his man clutching a teddy bear everywhere he goes just to feel secure.
Remember our question today is; How do you secure yourself? What is your key to security and peace? Do you have a key?
Jesus gave keys to Peter:
You and I must know that whatever we use in this world to give us security will come up short and fail in the end. Some people believe that the more money they have the better off they will become. Yes, they may enjoy this life goods, but it remember you canít take it with you. And secondly, it does come with a price. Worry and anxiety is the bedfellow of riches.
The bible declares in Matthew 19: 23. Then said Jesus unto his disciples, Verily I say unto you, That a rich man shall hardly enter into the kingdom of heaven.
24. And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.
Otherís may put the security in a person. A husband or wife and some parents put their security in their children or a child. I know parents today that have their hope and trust for their wellbeing rapped up in a child. And I know children that have their hope and trust for their security rapped up in the parent. But you and I know this is a mistake. One day one of you will leave here and the one remaining may be found wanting.
The bible teaches Proverbs 3: 5. Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
6. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.
Some Christians wear a cross around their neck or have one present and always visible whatever they are doing. Whether on the dash board of the car or the desk at the office to remind them that; On a hill far away stood an old rugged Cross, the emblem of suffering and shame; and I love that old Cross, where the dearest and best; for a world of sinners was slain. I will cherish the old rugged cross; till my trophies at last I lay down. I will cling to the old rugged cross and exchange it same day for a crown.
So to answer our question today: Where is your security? Do you have the Key?
Can be found in question Jesus asked his disciples, 13. Whom do men say that I the Son of man am?
14. And they said, Some say that thou art John the Baptist: some, Elias; and others, Jeremias, or one of the prophets.
15. He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?
16. And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.
17. And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.
18. And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock (of Faith & testimony) I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
19. And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.
20. Then charged he his disciples that they should tell no man that he was Jesus the Christ.
24. Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.
25. For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it.
26. For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?
27. For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works. Not what you carry!
The message today is your security must be is Jesus and Him alone.