SELF REALIZATION IS THE GREATEST DISCOVERY MAN CAN MAKE ON EARTH REGARDING HIMSELF.
The voices of Sages and philosophers have echo to us throughout the ages that we ought to know other self. But instead we all try to pattern ourselves after someone else and try to duplicate their achievements. For the most part we are reluctant to be original. We want to be like Mike or have that Glamour girl look. We simply donít look at ourselves as being an individual with genes of greatest waiting to be recognized and birth.
Most people think it a bit too farfetched to place great value on themselves; we have been beat down with the idea that we ainít all that. We be asked, ďyou think youíre something donít youĒ and we have shunned our very greatest for fear of further confrontation to our character and answered the question with a ďNoĒ I donít think Iím something. Everyoneís response should always be ďYesĒ I do think Iím something! And furthermore Iím special in the sight of God!
But we are that and much more. And with modesty and humility we carry out our mission and duties to humanity.
We are not puffed up because we can float like a butterfly and sting like a bee or can sing like an angel, preach like Peter and pray like Paul. Our greatest appreciation is love for God, because we understand our relationship to him and him to us. And together with the stuff we use we canít lose.
So how do you begin today to discover and reclaim self realization? The answer is you start where you are today. Start with appreciating yourself. Even with all your shortcomings the good, bad and the ugly. Once you have accepted you the journey begins anew.
Facing each day this way is not a chore but choice and a joy. The problems to be faced each day are not seen as negatives, but as challenges and hurdles to be jumped that will carry you towards the goals you have set. Remember that every misfortune and setback is a setup to your hook up with Godís blessings for you.
So the greatest challenge when starting your daily walk is to find ways to be of service; for service sake. Not because you are paid or trying to win friends and influence people, but because you now know that the bible is right.
11. But he that is greatest among you shall be your servant.
12. And whosoever shall exalt himself shall be abased; and he that shall humble himself shall be exalted.
God had genetically place in all of us a gene of possibility and greatest, but it must be discovered; like a hidden treasure waiting to be discovered by a treasurer seeker. If you are not looking for nothing you are not going to find nothing, because nothing from nothing still adds up to nothing.
One of the reasons we are not making this great discovery is because we have been trained and are continuing to teach ourselves to watch others while in many cases ignoring our own uniqueness.
It is easy to see the unfolding of self realization in Jesus as He ministered three and a half years of his thirty three year life span. From His baptism at the river Jordan to His test with the devil on the mountain of temptation all the way to His triumphant entry into Jerusalem on that palms Sabbath.
How did He do this and why? Can we do it too! These are questions I will be addressed here today.
You first need to know Jesus did all he did for you and I. His life driven purpose was to undo the sin and mindset that permeated mankind after the fall of Adam.
Do you recall the reason for the fall of mankind and when the original sin occurred? Genesis 2
9. And out of the ground made the Lord God to grow every tree that is pleasant to the sight, and good for food; the tree of life also in the midst of the garden, and the tree of knowledge of good and evil.
15. And the Lord God took the man, and put him into the garden of Eden to dress it and to keep it.
16. And the Lord God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat:
17. But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.
What is the ďthouĒ will die we should ask ourselves? I believe it is the God concept of good that dies.
When our concepts are in doubt we are like a ship without a rudder, a kit without a wind, a bird without a song and a man without a loving God.
This is what the enemy of God, serpent purported. Saying, ďGod was hiding something from themĒ in his attempt to created mistrust and doubt in God. He basically is saying to us today that God is a bad boy, which is what the devil was saying during the interview Eve conducted with him in the Garden of Eden. He is still telling us today that there was something better that God didnít want them to know and that he alone has it for us. The Devil thinks he has the answer for the world today but I know another that has shown mankind the way. Jesus is the answer for the world today besides he there is no other; Jesus is the way.
He is the way; the truth and the life. John 14:6
28. And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
29. For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.
30. Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.
31. What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?
35. Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?
36. As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.
37. Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.
38. For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
39. Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
19. But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.
We lost this victory cry and are not shouting it on the roof top because our God Concept has been clouded.
It occurs when Satan interrogated Eve in the Garden of Eden. He challenged her God Concept with the power of suggestion.
This is where you and I have to be very careful not to give in to suggestion that are contrary and contradictory to Godís Word for our lives. Remember Godís word for our life is different from that of mind and mind different from that of yours. Some are called to be mercenary on the battlefield other may think this to self sacrificing.
* **1. Now the serpent was more subtil (Suggestive) than any beast of the field which the Lord God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?
2. And the woman said unto the serpent, We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden:
3. But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die.
*** 4. And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die: (Auto-Suggestion)
***5. For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.
6. And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, (Mental food- Concept food) and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat.
*** 7. And the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew (Conception Change) that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together, and made themselves aprons.
8. And they heard the voice of the Lord God walking in the garden in the cool of the day: and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the Lord God amongst the trees of the garden.
9. And the Lord God called unto Adam, and said unto him, Where art thou?
***10. And he said, I heard thy voice in the garden, and I was afraid, because I was naked; and I hid myself.
11. And he said, Who told thee that thou wast naked? Hast thou eaten of the tree, whereof I commanded thee that thou shouldest not eat?
12. And the man said, The woman whom thou gavest to be with me, she gave me of the tree, and I did eat.
13. And the Lord God said unto the woman, What is this that thou hast done? And the woman said, The serpent beguiled me, and I did eat.
The destruction of the God concepts are accomplished during the terrorists interrogation between the Serpent and Eve in the Garden of Eden.
The serpent offered what she thought to be a more perfect life. She accepted his version of self realization and denies her God realization and eventually she persuaded her husband Adam to look outside himself and God for self fulfillment. Satan had accomplished his master plan of mass deception.
Now was Godís perfection is considered to be less expectable than Satanís knowledge. Adam now follows a concept other than what God had ordained for him. The fall of mankind and all of Godís creation occurred and is in effect today.
We are still looking to others outside of our self to define who we really are and what we should be about. This is the great error of creation. It is called self denial and not self realization and discovery.
Jesus shows us that we can be saved, redeemed and restored to our rightful place in the kingdom of God by identifying with Our Heavenly Father. He tells us it is not about Satanís will or even his own will, but that He has come to do the will of his Father. His Father tells him what to do and he obeys Him only. He is in the Father and the Father is in Him. Jesus identifies with Godís Divine Name ≠Always and understands the genetic code of the universe; and flows through life knowing full well that He is more than a conquer over the adversary; He is King of Kings and Lord of Lords over all that ever was and is and ever shall be. Every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess that Jesus Christ is Lord of Life.
Can We Do It?
Yes You Can! You can come to that same discovery of self realization whether you are young, old, male, female, rich or poor, educated or not; it is within your reach and is the door to your future.
Here is one thing that we must establish today in your belief system. You must know that there is not no one ever been born like you. There is no one with your same mind, heart, eyes, ears, hands, hair or mouth. Therefore no one can duplicate anything you can do or has the ability to achieve anything just like you. You alone are Godís rarest gift to the world. You are a unique creation and the design and pattern in your genetic code ordain by God is the greatest discovery that anyone can ever make. Then you can say when asked who are you? ďI am That I amĒ, because ďHe Is Who He Is In MeĒ.
Once you discover and reclaim self realization there is another level and that is God Realization. To be able to have God Realization is know that He is ever present, ever knowing and ever powerful in your life and you never lose sight of this awareness.
The revelation that breaks forth in our minds and defy all knowledge of logic is that there is no bad only good. All things work together for good to them that love God. God IS Good because God Is Love.