ON THE BRINK OF A BLESSING
My friends we could say that we are “ON THE BRINK” of a lot of things. The politician would say we are headed for reform in government and the medical scientist would say they are closer than ever to a discovery in treating cancer. Nearly every field known to man could say they are “ON THE BRINK” of a revolutionary change or discovery. Therefore I have concluded that spiritually we are “ON THE BRINK” as well. I believe strongly we are “ON THE BRINK” to be Spiritually Broke or to a Spiritual Breakout.
I believe what the world needs and are looking for is in the teachings of Jesus Christ. How many of you really believe Jesus is still the answer for the world today?
My dear friends, we are seeing ever increased cost in fuel, food and services. And oh buy the way feel this pinch in the pocket in the offering tray as well. The high costs of living and a decrease in wages to adequately keep ahead economically are being felt by each one of you in this room and most everyone across the country.
This is the new recession. To be in a recession and to not know it is a recession is the new rope a dope strategy that has us reeling but not knocked out just yet.
How long will it be before the Church fight back the enemy of the canker worm, which is eating away at your household and the Household of Faith. I’m talking about the Church House. Don’t you think it’s time to ask Jesus “What would He do?”
Do you not recall Governor Perdue in Atlanta that asked believers to “Pray” for rain because of the draught? They got rain. Do you not remember when the American journalist was to be executed? And we “Prayed” and execution was stayed. Or the Islamic man that became a Christian and was to die because of proselytizing his faith, but he was pardon.
Do you not remember the account given in the bible about Moses, who prayed for an answer for his people and God called him to be a deliver? Or how Elijah prayed and the rain ceased. This caused a draught and economic hardship, because of the people being disobedient. Elijah prayed again and the rain returned. You see my friends, when we return to God; he returns to us blessings.
My friends, we are “ON THE BRINK” of being Spiritually Broke or a
Spiritual Breakout”. I believe the next move in the world events are in the “Prayers” of the Christian Church.
While others are being broken beneath the pressures of living we through the Lord Jesus Christ have the Breakout answer. Can I get a witness? Are we not the Church called into the world to save the world?
The people of the world are today are at the crossroad of hope or being broke. Folks we need to be “ON THE BRINK” of a blessing. “ON THE BRINK” of a Breakout blessing. Let the redeemed of the Lord say so.
It is time for the true believers and the real Church of Jesus Christ to stand up against the wiles of the devil, who steals, kill, and destroy the blessing of God.
1 KINGS 17:39
17. And it came to pass, when Ahab saw Elijah, that Ahab said unto him, Art thou he that troubleth Israel?
18. And he answered, I have not troubled Israel; but thou, and thy father's house, in that ye have forsaken the commandments of the Lord, and thou hast followed Baalim.
19. Now therefore send, and gather to me all Israel unto mount Carmel, and the prophets of Baal four hundred and fifty, and the prophets of the groves four hundred, which eat at Jezebel's table. 850 TO 1 OUT NUMBERED
20. So Ahab sent unto all the children of Israel, and gathered the prophets together unto mount Carmel.
21. And Elijah came unto all the people, and said, How long halt ye between two opinions? if the Lord be God, follow him: but if Baal, then follow him. And the people answered him not a word.
22. Then said Elijah unto the people, I, even I only, remain a prophet of the Lord; but Baal's prophets are four hundred and fifty men.
23. Let them therefore give us two bullocks; and let them choose one bullock for themselves, and cut it in pieces, and lay it on wood, and put no fire under: and I will dress the other bullock, and lay it on wood, and put no fire under:
24. And call ye on the name of your gods, and I will call on the name of the Lord: and the God that answereth by fire, let him be God. And all the people answered and said, it is well spoken.
25. And Elijah said unto the prophets of Baal, Choose you one bullock for yourselves, and dress it first; for ye are many; and call on the name of your gods, but put no fire under.
26. And they took the bullock which was given them, and they dressed it, and called on the name of Baal from morning even until noon, saying, O Baal, hear us. But there was no voice, nor any that answered. And they leaped upon the altar which was made.
27. And it came to pass at noon, that Elijah mocked them, and said, Cry aloud: for he is a god; either he is talking, or he is pursuing, or he is in a journey, or peradventure he sleepeth, and must be awaked.
28. And they cried aloud, and cut themselves after their manner with knives and lancets, till the blood gushed out upon them.
29. And it came to pass, when midday was past, and they prophesied until the time of the offering of the evening sacrifice, that there was neither voice, nor any to answer, nor any that regarded.
THEIR RUIN (ONLY IF ELIJAH CAN DELIVER)
30. And Elijah said unto all the people, Come near unto me. And all the people came near unto him. And he repaired the altar of the Lord that was broken down.
31. And Elijah took twelve stones, according to the number of the tribes of the sons of Jacob, unto whom the word of the Lord came, saying, Israel shall be thy name: JESUS TOOK THE 12 BEATITUDES
32. And with the stones he built an altar in the name of the Lord: and he made a trench about the altar, as great as would contain two measures of seed.
33. And he put the wood in order, and cut the bullock in pieces, and laid him on the wood, and said, Fill four barrels with water, and pour it on the burnt sacrifice, and on the wood.
34. And he said, Do it the second time. And they did it the second time. And he said, Do it the third time. And they did it the third time.
35. And the water ran round about the altar; and he filled the trench also with water.
36. And it came to pass at the time of the offering of the evening sacrifice, that Elijah the prophet came near, and said, Lord God of Abraham, Isaac, and of Israel, let it be known this day that thou art God in Israel, and that I am thy servant, and that I have done all these things at thy word.
37. Hear me, O Lord, hear me, that this people may know that thou art the Lord God, and that thou hast turned their heart back again.
38. Then the fire of the Lord fell, and consumed the burnt sacrifice, and the wood, and the stones, and the dust, and licked up the water that was in the trench.
39. And when all the people saw it, they fell on their faces: and they said, The Lord, he is the God; the Lord, he is the God.
2 CHORICLES 7
14. If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
A Call for Christian Prayer and Fasting Sunday May 25, 2008
Return to God.
Rev. Sylvester Williams, Jr.
May 18, 2008