MARY DID YOU KNOW JESUS?
I would like to ask Mary if it was possible if she knew her baby boy would walk on water, the He would save our sons and daughters, that the child she delivered would deliver her, MARY DID YOU KNOW? He would give sight to the blind man, calm a storm with his hand, MARY DID YOU KNOW? when you kiss the face of your baby boy that you kiss the face of God, lame would walk, the blind would see and the dumb would sing the praises of God, I would like to ask Mary if she knew that her baby walked where angels walked and He is the great I AM. Oh, MARY DID YOU REALLY KNOW JESUS?
The Christmas story is a story about Jesus Christ being born into the world THROUGH A VIRGIN NAMED MARY. It’s also about an expectant father awaiting the birth of his child. It’s about the whole of heaven and earth in exaltation for the Christ.
Mary and Joseph didn’t have all the modern technology such as a Doppler to see and hear the unborn child. But there are some things Mary did know! They did have something greater than technology they had prophecy. Amen. It was because of prophecies Mary did know she would have a baby boy! And Mary did know she would call His name Jesus!
It was prophesied by the angel Gabriel in Luke 1
26. And in the sixth month the angel Gabriel was sent from God unto a city of Galilee, named Nazareth, 27. To a virgin espoused to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David; and the virgin's name was Mary.
28. And the angel came in unto her, and said, Hail, thou that art highly favoured, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women. 29. And when she saw him, she was troubled at his saying, and cast in her mind what manner of salutation this should be. 30. And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God. 31. And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name Jesus.
One of the most important roles of a parent is to be responsible when naming their children. It is known that a name help give identity and molds character of a child. Remember the bible say’s a Proverbs 22: 1. A good name is rather to be chosen than great riches, and loving favour rather than silver and gold.
Ecclesiastes 7: 1. A good name is better than precious ointment;
So stop grabbing names out the air; and ask heaven what you should name a child. Amen. I am amazed when I ask a parent what their child name mean and they don’t have clue. It certainly displays a lack of responsibility to the child, because an unsuitable name will follow them from the cradle to the grave; unless they change it through the courts.
Mary did know Jesus life had purpose!
34. Then said Mary unto the angel, how shall this be, seeing I know not a man?
Which means there was “No man, No hands, No laying and No playing”; because this was a God thing empowered by the Holy Ghost? Clean and pure thing!
35. And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.
Yes, dear saints of God, Mary was given heads up on the How it was going to happen and the 1. Who her son would be “Jesus”; 2. On the What He would be “the Son of God”; 3. The Where it would take place in a little town called “Bethlehem” 4. And the When was when God saw that the time was right; in the fullness of time had come; when all things had been prophesied He was sent. 5. And the Why was” to bring Salvation.
Let me stop here to encourage mothers to take this story to heart about Jesus birth, because it is more than an account of Mary had a little lamb it is an account of your child and all of our children that come into the world. All God’s children come with a heavenly assignment and an appointed time to carry it out. Amen.
Oh, Mary did know they wouldn’t love her baby boy!
From a birth of Jesus to the death of Jesus He was disliked and dishonored. Amen.
John 1: 1. In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2. The same was in the beginning with God. 3. All things were made by him; and without him was not anything made that was made. 4. In him was life; and the life was the light of men. 11. He came unto His own and His own received Him not! 12. But as many as received him, to them gave He power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
Remember, instead of celebrating the immaculate birth of Christ King Herod was salivating at the mouth to do a late term abortion on Jesus. He wanted to killed the Christ child and to destroy the hope of the world. He wanted no competitors to his throne.
Somebody ought to say Herod did you know you can’t box with God and you sure can’t kill Him.
Oh, my friends just think what would have happen if the Wiseman had been prudent, claver and cunning like the bible instructs all saints; to be wise as serpents and harmless as doves. Herod was a dressed up old serpent. Amen.
5. And they said unto him, In Bethlehem of Judaea: for thus it is written by the prophet, 6. And thou Bethlehem, in the land of Juda, art not the least among the princes of Juda: for out of thee shall come a Governor, that shall rule my people Israel. 7. Then Herod, when he had privily called the wise men, inquired of them diligently what time the star appeared. 8. And he sent them to Bethlehem, and said, Go and search diligently for the young child; and when ye have found him, bring me word again, that I may come and worship him also.
9. When they had heard the king, they departed; and, lo, the star, which they saw in the east, went before them, till it came and stood over where the young child was. 10. When they saw the star, they rejoiced with exceeding great joy.
In other words they did what Herod was unwilling to do. The Wiseman celebrated the birth of Christ.
My word to those that are discontented, disconnected and disillusioned with Christmas and wonder why all the fuss surrounding the one day in December, which is a uncertain date of Jesus birth; may I ask you two questions; the first is, have you ever been before a vicious king and risked your life for a truth you discovered? And the second is, are you wiser than three of the Wisest men to ever have lived?
If you have answered yes, to these to two simple questions I’ll yield this platform to you and join your crusade against celebrating the incarnation of Jesus Christ.
If your answer is “No” to each of these question than I ask you to allow yourself to yield and submit to Christ today! Amen.
For the bible says, the Wisemen arriving to the “house of knowledge.”
11. And when they were come into the house, they saw the young child with Mary his mother, and fell down, and worshipped him: and when they had opened their treasures, they presented unto him gifts; gold, and frankincense, and myrrh.
12. And being warned of God in a dream that they should not return to Herod, they departed into their own country another way.
Yes, Mary did know about Jesus, but kept all these things to herself!
She did not foresee her son Jesus being thrown out of the temple or stoned in the state capital of Jerusalem, because of His mission.
Mary did not you know they would find Him guilty on tramp up charges by religious folks.
She did not know the measure of cruelty Jesus would meet on His way to the cross at Calvary.
Mary did not know that religious persecution and execution could be so hideous and brutal.
Somebody ought to say, Oh, Mary don’t you weep, I’m saying Mary don’t you weep, because Jesus, Jesus will come through victoriously. Jesus will arise from the dark cold grave. Oh, Mary don’t you weep now, you will see Jesus again. He is risen from the dead to live forever and ever with His saints to reign. He lives, He live as the Son of God, the Son of Man and the Savior of the world.
Preached by: Rev. Sylvester Williams, Jr.
I.C.U., Ministries, Inc.
December 14, 2008