Living Under Demonic Siege
I have stood to be corrected lately when I said the devil is on the loose; what I have come to see is the devil has been on the loose. So let me begin this message by saying, “Folks the devil has been is on the loose and has been making his presence felt in our lives on all fronts. Can I get a witness?
We all in one way or the other are under a demonic siege and in need of rescue from this tormenting spirit of darkness.
Who will rescue us from being held a prisoner in captivity? This is the question that must be answered here today that will free us the rest of our lives.
As a prisoner in captivity we undergo some very inhuman treatment and fear the worst is going to happen to us at any given moment. Our captors challenge the very faith and confidence we have in God. What the devil desires is our trust and belief in God to be shattered and completely eliminated. Amen somebody.
We see the rise in crime here at home, in the State and across the nation.
We feel uncertain about our economic status due to the spikes and hikes in our cost of living. We hear the new drums of war beating around the world.
And while we wrestle with all of this we are continually being spoon fed a steady diet of drugs from the street thug to the pharmaceuticals mug; and from the TV to the TiVo just to numb and sustain us for another day of demonic captivity.
My friends, who will rescue us from being held a prisoner in this captivity without walls, who can rescue us from the feelings of helplessness and hopelessness?
Is there a balm in Gilead? Is there a redeemer? Does my redeemer live?
Where is the Messiah and why does He delay His coming?
Listen thus far I may have painted a gloomy picture and you might be thinking all hope is gone.
But there is hope and this hope is in The Lord Jesus Christ. It is He that will lead the captor’s captive and set us free. Go ahead a shout “Glory to Jesus” for He is worthy to receive honor and glory for the great thing He has done.
Isaiah 61 Jesus stood up and declared: “The Amazing Rescue Is Underway Way”
1. The Spirit of the Lord God is upon Him; because the Lord hath anointed Him to preach good tidings unto the meek; He was sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound; 2. To proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all that mourn; 3. To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the Lord, that he might be glorified.
4. And they shall build the old wastes, they shall raise up the former desolations, and they shall repair the waste cities, the desolations of many generations.
Mark 5 Operation Rescue
1. And they came over unto the other side of the sea, into the country of the Gadarenes.
2. And when he was come out of the ship, immediately there met him out of the tombs a man (in captivity) with an unclean spirit,
3. Who had his dwelling among the tombs; and no man could bind him, no, not with chains:
4. Because that he had been often bound with fetters and chains, and the chains had been plucked asunder by him, and the fetters broken in pieces: neither could any man tame him. (A prison without walls: A mentally spiritual prison)
5. And always, night and day, he was in the mountains, and in the tombs, crying, and cutting himself with stones.
6. But when he saw Jesus afar off, he ran and worshipped him,
7. And cried with a loud voice, and said, What have I to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of the most high God? I adjure thee by God, that thou torment me not.
8. For he said unto him, Come out of the man, thou unclean spirit.
(The Commander General ordered the Brigadier General to release)
9. And he asked him, What is thy name? And he answered, saying, My name is Legion: for we are many.
10. And he besought him much that he would not send them away out of the country.
11. Now there was there nigh unto the mountains a great herd of swine feeding.
12. And all the devils besought him, saying, Send us into the swine, that we may enter into them.
13. And forthwith Jesus gave them leave. And the unclean spirits went out, and entered into the swine: and the herd ran violently down a steep place into the sea, (they were about two thousand;) and were choked in the sea.
14. And they that fed the swine fled, and told it in the city, and in the country. And they went out to see what it was that was done.
15. And they come to Jesus, and see him that was possessed with the devil, and had the legion, sitting, and clothed, and in his right mind: and they were afraid.
16. And they that saw it told them how it befell to him that was possessed with the devil, and also concerning the swine.
17. And they began to pray him to depart out of their coasts.
18. And when he was come into the ship, he that had been possessed with the devil prayed him that he might be with him.
19. Howbeit Jesus suffered him not, but saith unto him, Go home to thy friends, and tell them how great things the Lord hath done for thee, and hath had compassion on thee.
20. And he departed, and began to publish in Decapolis how great things Jesus had done for him: and all men did marvel.
There are saints that have been prisoners of the devil and were held in captivity that have been set free by Jesus and are declaring the victory today.
You can be in that number, because Jesus is here with the key to your prison door. All you have to do is come on out of darkness into God marvelous light. Be set free, because whom the Son of God sets free is free indeed.
Preached by: Rev. Sylvester Williams, Jr.
I.C.U., Ministries, Inc., July 13, 2008