JESUS IS THE LIGHT OF THE WORLD
I would like to share my hypothesis as I preach my thesis on “The Genesis of Jesus”, who I declare to you today, is the ‘Light” of the world. The premise of which I draw this conclusion is that his first cousin John Baptist said that he was not that “Light”; But He Jesus Himself said “I am the Light of the world. And God said this is my Beloved Son hear Him.
I would like to ask you the question: Are you still in the darkness? Or are you walking in the “Light”?
If you say you are still in darkness about the things of God you are yet without form and void of knowledge that true “Light” is available.
If you say that you are in the “Light” when are you dispelling darkness wherever it is found in your pathway?
Check this out: My hypothesis of Genesis
If you understand the Genesis of life you understand the revelation of Christ.
1. In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
2. And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
3. And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.
4. And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.
The bible says, “And the earth was without form, and void.” What does this mean? In terms of what really was going on in the nothingness.
Let look at this as “form and void” are something, because God saw that they existed. Form is a form and void is a void in other words. I ain’t trying to get to heavy on you. But if we can use our imagination just for a moment and go behind the scene of creation we will discover that form and void was coexisting together in the sphere of nothingness and their offspring was called darkness.
And to add further verification to our thesis; darkness had a face and it was called the deep. So in other words darkness had a deep dark face. Are you still here?
Maybe this sounds like one of those boogie man stories, but I am not trying to deliberately scare anyone, but to take you behind the veil of life of you can behold the authorship of God. I declare to you the God is the Author and finisher of your faith! And the Jesus is that “True Light” that came into the world that all might see God and be save from everlasting darkness. Amen.
For the bible tells us to watch and pray for the devil of darkness is like a roaring lion seeking whom he may devour.
The face of darkness means deep darkness and it resided in the vastness of the waters on which the power of God walked one day.
A movement began, which continues even until this day. The movement was to recreate where no form is a form and to transform where void was a validation.
Here is my point:
Here we find the first conflict between two powers; the power of light and the power of darkness.
When Supreme power of God moved and darkness had to yield to it force and surrendered it hold on land, which God called earth. It was being held in captivity by the veil of darkness, but the Supreme God had a divine plan to create man and mankind after His image. But first the three powers must be subdue and given a commandment and its boundaries not to cross.
The power of the darkness was given it part and told to be called night; the power called void was told to be called day and the power of without form would become matter and called the firmament. All this was willed by the power of Supreme god known as the God of Heaven and Earth.
This story of Genesis is really the story of a “Guiding Light” that came to create a world of love and plant a people of love that would love the Light.
1. In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2. The same was in the beginning with God.
3. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
4. In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
5. And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.
6. There was a man sent from God, whose name was John.
7. The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe.
8. He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light.
9. That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.
10. He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.
11. He came unto his own, and his own received him not.
12. But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
13. Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.
But the power is darkness soon influenced the people of light and overpowered them do the things contrary to their creator. Instead of love being transmitted to one another hatred was breath and warring soon followed. Men and women were given over to their reprobate minds and God destroyed what he had created for man with a flood. It repented God that He had made man.
But there was some praying people. This is the conflict the devil don’t like. He don’t like praying people. We can never stop praying no matter how our situation appears, because help is on the way to make the imperfect prefect and bring light where darkness ruled.
Jesus faced conflict with Darkness, while shinning His light; Why not you too!
Preached by: Rev. Sylvester Williams, Jr.
I.C.U., Ministries, Inc.
September 14, 2008