IT IS RISE AND SHINE TIME IN 2009
I would like to wish you a happy and prosperous new year to all. As the Lord give increase it is my prayer that you will acknowledge Him as the source of your supply and not yourself, even though you might have had a bright idea that put you on the road to success; I hope you will acknowledge Him as your source and not man even though he might have lent you a hand. I hope when you prosper in the smallest of things that you can say what Philippians 4:19 echoes that God supplies all of your needs according to His riches in glory.
One of the most important phenomenons that Mother Nature is performing today is extending to us more light. I donít know if you see it to recognize it yet, but the days are getting longer and the night is getting shorter. This simply put single light breaking through and awaking and quickening that which has been dormant and sleep. Amen. How many of you know when true light comes itís hard to say sleep for very long. Amen.
Although, believe it or not there are multitudes of people are mentally and spiritually asleep even though they are physically walking around and awake. We have term this to be sleep walking but have not really taking the time to see whether or not we are in some way one in the final analysis sleep walking too!
There is a term called functional illiteracy, which means that folks can actually function at a normal routine rate without really have the accredited knowledge. They are adaptor and survivors but lack the rudimentary skills. These people are all around us today. They cook and serve our foods; attend to our needs then we are sick in the hospital and nursing homes; they drive buses and trucks around us and go unnoticed for the most part, because they have learned to adapt and survive. If you are a functional illiterate person I am not here to put you down but to build you up. You posse skills and know-how that the literate need to capitalize upon.
This term sleep walking is much like being function illiterant, but the difference is sleep walkers have allow themselves to stay spiritually sleep to factual truth and deny the power thereof. St. Paul told Timothy in 2 Timothy 3
1. This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
2. For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, 3. Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, 4. Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God; 5. Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away. (YOU HAVE TO WAKE UP TO BE ABLE TO TURN AWAY) 6. For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts, 7. Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.
24. No man can serve two masters: (light and dark) for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon. 25. Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment?
26. Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they? 27. Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature? 28. And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin:
29. And yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. 30. Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is, and to morrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith? 31. Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?
32. (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.
33. But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
34. Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
If you have put your spiritual life on auto-pilot and allowing it to go there ever and whenever it chooses ďIT TIME TO RISE AND SHINE IN 2009Ē and take control over your destination and destiny.
1. Arise, shine; for thy light of 2009 is come, and the glory of the Lord is risen upon thee.
2. For, behold, the darkness shall cover the earth, and gross darkness the people: but the Lord shall arise upon thee, and his glory shall be seen upon thee.
3. And the Gentiles shall come to thy light, and kings to the brightness of thy rising.
4. Lift up thine eyes round about, and see: all they gather themselves together, they come to thee: thy sons shall come from far, and thy daughters shall be nursed at thy side.
5. Then thou shalt see, and flow together, and thine heart shall fear, and be enlarged; because the abundance of the sea shall be converted unto thee, the forces of the Gentiles shall come unto thee.
6. The multitude of camels shall cover thee, the dromedaries of Midian and Ephah; all they from Sheba shall come: they shall bring gold and incense; and they shall shew forth the praises of the Lord.
7. All the flocks of Kedar shall be gathered together unto thee, the rams of Nebaioth shall minister unto thee: they shall come up with acceptance on mine altar, and I will glorify the house of my glory.
8. Who are these that fly as a cloud, and as the doves to their windows?
9. Surely the isles shall wait for me, and the ships of Tarshish first, to bring thy sons from far, their silver and their gold with them, unto the name of the Lord thy God, and to the Holy One of Israel, because he hath glorified thee.
10. And the sons of strangers shall build up thy walls, and their kings shall minister unto thee: for in my wrath I smote thee, but in my favour have I had mercy on thee.
11. Therefore thy gates shall be open continually; they shall not be shut day nor night; that men may bring unto thee the forces of the Gentiles, and that their kings may be brought.
12. For the nation and kingdom that will not serve thee shall perish; yea, those nations shall be utterly wasted.
13. The glory of Lebanon shall come unto thee, the fir tree, the pine tree, and the box together, to beautify the place of my sanctuary; and I will make the place of my feet glorious.
14. The sons also of them that afflicted thee shall come bending unto thee; and all they that despised thee shall bow themselves down at the soles of thy feet; and they shall call thee; The city of the Lord, The Zion of the Holy One of Israel.
15. Whereas thou hast been forsaken and hated, so that no man went through thee, I will make thee an eternal excellency, a joy of many generations.
16. Thou shalt also suck the milk of the Gentiles, and shalt suck the breast of kings: and thou shalt know that I the Lord am thy Saviour and thy Redeemer, the mighty One of Jacob.
17. For brass I will bring gold, and for iron I will bring silver, and for wood brass, and for stones iron: I will also make thy officers peace, and thine exactors righteousness.
18. Violence shall no more be heard in thy land, wasting nor destruction within thy borders; but thou shalt call thy walls Salvation, and thy gates Praise.
19. The sun shall be no more thy light by day; neither for brightness shall the moon give light unto thee: but the Lord shall be unto thee an everlasting light, and thy God thy glory.
20. Thy sun shall no more go down; neither shall thy moon withdraw itself: for the Lord shall be thine everlasting light, and the days of thy mourning shall be ended.
21. Thy people also shall be all righteous: they shall inherit the land for ever, the branch of my planting, the work of my hands, that I may be glorified.
22. A little one shall become a thousand, and a small one a strong nation: I the Lord will hasten it in his time.