THE GREAT DECEPTION ON EARTH; THE PROPAGANDA OF FEAR
We have talked about the greatest weapon used ever by the enemy of God is propaganda. He use his cleaver crafted question to Eve in the Garden of Eden. Today, I would like to talk about what that propaganda still being design to do.
All of Lucifer’s efforts are to provoke one response from mankind and that is “fear”.
Briefly there are three types of fear that I have found:
One is a healthy fear; a fear of God, because we fear disappointing Him or when someone gives up a unhealthy vice because they are afraid of developing a disease , this is a healthy fear because the danger is real and there are constructive steps they can take to avoid it.
The second is a foolish fear. You know adverse consequences will occur because of doing something, but it doesn’t matter you do it anyway. Doing your thing and having it your way regardless of what happens.
And third is simply unhealthy fear. The medical sciences have called this a hopia.
Such as fear of flying or Aviophobia,
and fear of confined spaces-Claustrophobia.
The devil’s crafty scheme is to create a sense of doubt and uncertainty which leads to fear, because it suggests that we are not a match against what he is purporting to be true.
Let’s face it; people are living in fear and not freedom. Fear of ill health, fear of economic troubles, fear of crime, fear of their neighbors and the neighborhood, fear when the dog bark, or the door bell ring or the knock on the door. fear of war, fear, fear and more fear.
I would say that Satan’s propaganda of fear is bringing its toll on the world. Much of our time is spent not meditating and praising the things of God, but we are being filled with anxieties and worrying about impending dangers.
Lucifer’s propaganda of fear is global. A globalization of fear causes people simply to be afraid and to be paralyzed from action. Instead of the solidarity of mankind there is more and more isolation from each other.
Fear has been successfully manufactured with a continuation of news bliz and sound bites. The foods you were eating is now deadly and the friends you use to have are now suspects. We are to be suspicious of each other instead of accepting.
Why Do We Accept Fear? What Can We Do About It? I would like to address this a hot minute and maybe we can find faith and freedom over fright and flight and triumph over being terrified.
Let me first say there is no reason that God’s people ought to be frighten and afraid of anything; even in the face of uncertain times or death.
1. The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.
2. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.
3. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
4. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
5. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup Runneth over.
6. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.
What I have given you is some education to be free by overcoming fear.
We must get better educated and stay educated if we are to live victorious and free indeed.
Fears will not go away by itself.
Jesus often replied to his disciples with. “Oh yet of little faith” or “where is your faith”. Because he realized that his disciples lacked courage to fully exercise a positive response to what Satan had confronted them with.
They needed Counter intelligence against fear, which I call the propaganda of faith and that is what the Good News of the Gospel of Jesus Christ is all about.
HAVING OVERCOMING FAITH WILL OVERCOME FEAR AND GIVE YOU FREEDOM INDEED.
Franklin D. Roosevelt 1933 said during his address during the great depression.
“So, first of all, let me assert my firm belief that the only thing we have to fear is fear itself -- nameless, unreasoning, unjustified terror which paralyzes needed efforts to convert retreat into advance”.
He was essentially saying, "if we can't shake our pessimistic economic outlook, it will be tough to turn things around."
In his view fear was an overpowering force but faith had the power to subdue fear every time. They moved out in faith and fear melted away causing them to win.
Jesus often encourages his disciples to have faith,
3. And when the tempter came to him, he said, If thou be the Son of God, command that these stones be made bread.
4. But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.
5. Then the devil taketh him up into the holy city, and setteth him on a pinnacle of the temple,
6. And saith unto him, If thou be the Son of God, cast thyself down: for it is written, He shall give his angels charge concerning thee: and in their hands they shall bear thee up, lest at any time thou dash thy foot against a stone.
7. Jesus said unto him, It is written again, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God.
8. Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them;
9. And saith unto him, All these things will I give thee, if thou wilt fall down and worship me.
10. Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.
11. Then the devil leaveth him, and, behold, angels came and ministered unto him.
and on other occasion rebuked them for not have it,
23. And when he was entered into a ship, his disciples followed him.
24. And, behold, there arose a great tempest in the sea, insomuch that the ship was covered with the waves: but he was asleep.
25. And his disciples came to him, and awoke him, saying, Lord, save us: we perish.
26. And he saith unto them, Why are ye fearful, O ye of little faith? Then he arose, and rebuked the winds and the sea; and there was a great calm.
27. But the men marvelled, saying, What manner of man is this, that even the winds and the sea obey him!
24. But the ship was now in the midst of the sea, tossed with waves: for the wind was contrary.
25. And in the fourth watch of the night Jesus went unto them, walking on the sea.
26. And when the disciples saw him walking on the sea, they were troubled, saying, It is a spirit; and they cried out for fear.
27. But straightway Jesus spake unto them, saying, Be of good cheer; it is I; be not afraid.
28. And Peter answered him and said, Lord, if it be thou, bid me come unto thee on the water.
29. And he said, Come. And when Peter was come down out of the ship, he walked on the water, to go to Jesus.
30. But when he saw the wind boisterous, he was afraid; and beginning to sink, he cried, saying, Lord, save me.
31. And immediately Jesus stretched forth his hand, and caught him, and said unto him, O thou of little faith, wherefore didst thou doubt?
32. And when they were come into the ship, the wind ceased.
33. Then they that were in the ship came and worshipped him, saying, Of a truth thou art the Son of God.
He also demonstrated before them how to get faith to triumph over their fears.
1 John 5
1. Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: and every one that loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him.
2. By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments.
3. For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.
4. For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.
5. Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?
1. James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, to the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad, greeting.
2. My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations;
3. Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience.
4. But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.
5. If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.
6. But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.
7. For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord.
8. A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.
To sum up our message today:
If you are finding yourself between a rock and hard place of between fear and faith you are not in a hopeless position. What you must do is find balance because that same fear provides the stepping stone to faith and greatness for you.
“Fear” serves to motivate constructive action. We only need fear as an spring board to faith in God. Once we have sprang to Him, we are fearless because we no longer have anything that can harm us. So make sure you have a balanced and healthy fear, which leads you to fear in God.
Rev. Sylvester Williams, Jr.
February 17, 2008