CLEARING CLUTTER CHRISTLIKE
This celebration of Palm Sunday should give a holistic rise in our thoughts about not only the spiritual significant of this day we embrace but that it also signals to us that spring is in the air.
Yes. Spring is in the air and as the snow covered ground reveals itself we discover that the long winter is passed and has accomplished it duties assigned by Mother Nature. We will easily see limp from trees and debris that gave way to because of not having strength to with stand the weight of winter and the wind of the storms. As a result of the mighty hand of winter the sidewalk and streets show evidence that one mightier has passed its way. Now it is time for the messed up be cleaned up and that which have become Cluttered Cleared up. In short it’s Clean up time. It’s spring cleaning time. It’s spring cleaning time.
It is lackadaisical people that don’t recognize and prepare themselves for a new season and rid themselves of the past clutter.
I think by now you know where I’m going and how we all should start now to Clear our Clutter for a new day is come. Mother Nature is declaring it.
We see this same emphasis before us today as Father time reminding us all of one of the most important events that ever took place in human history. A infant is born poverty comes to Jerusalem as King, a Nazarene boy becomes a miracle worker and a carpenters son comes in the name of Christ, a mere meek man claims messiahship and is called Rabbi and Mary’s baby boy comes to “Clean Up The Spiritual Clutter” and fulfill that which was spoken by Simeon
30. For mine eyes have seen thy salvation,
31. Which thou hast prepared before the face of all people;
32. A light to lighten the Gentiles, and the glory of thy people Israel.
What Simeon saw was the Spiritual Clutter in the lives of the people and knew that God had provided a Savior to Clean up what they had messed up. He also saw that Jesus would make the ultimate sacrifice; his life would be the ransom paid for the penalty of sin in the Garden of Eden, which we spoke about during our last meeting together.
36. And Anna, a prophetess, she was of a great age, gave thanks likewise unto the Lord, and spoke of him to all them that looked for redemption in Jerusalem.
Anna who has remained in obscurity broke her silence and declares Jesus to be the redeemer for those looking to be redeemed from the claws and jaws of the enemy of God.
The prophecy given by enlightening men and women of God has gone out since the fall of men and is presented to us in Jesus the Christ. He knows his purpose. He accepted his mission. He succeeded where others had failed.
Jesus ministry climaxes when He enters Jerusalem riding on a donkey even though He is a wanted man and on the most wanted list of Satan and most hated list of man. He has a price on his head and a warrant for his arrest soon await Him. Orders will be given to bring Him in dead or alive.
The soft warm gentle and loving hands He laid on others to cure their diseases or raise them from the dead will soon be strapped to a splintered plank as nails are driven into them with laughter and amusement.
To some he was a celebrity and to other a blasphemer and traitor to the religious order of the day. He must be stop at all costs. The people must be silenced. He must die.
With all of the uncertainty of ambush, sniper attack and booby traps He passed thur the Damuscus Gate head down the Dia Vala Road riding on the back of a donkey.
The throngs of people threw out straw made of palms leaves and spread them under his feet as He enter the city, but He was undaunted and unmoved with this red carpet treatment by some.
He has learned like we must to not get side tracked and derailed when men praise our name or works. Don’t get big headed and allow yourself to get caught up in the moment and forget about the mission.
For out of the same mouth they praise you and curse you. Out of the same mouth the shout your name and will slander it. With the same breath they blow you kisses the with same breath will blow the battle cry horn against you. Crucify Him, crucify Him!
8. And a very great multitude spread their garments in the way; others cut down branches from the trees, and strawed them in the way.
9. And the multitudes that went before, and that followed, cried, saying, Hosanna to the Son of David: Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord; Hosanna in the highest.
10. And when he was come into Jerusalem, all the city was moved, saying, Who is this?
The question that was raised over two thousand years ago is still being asked today. Who Is This; Jesus?
And the answer remains simple for billions, but for other is complex and still unresolved.
Have you answered it for yourself? Or are you still a little uncertain as to His authenticity and His ability to do what He said, “to never leave you or forsake you, but be with you even to the very end”.
If you have answered that question for yourself than I am not talking to you just now, but I would like to turn my attention to that lonely soul that is walking through this life without assurance that when they die that they will be in Paradise with Jesus.
My friend your very life depends on you knowing the Lord Jesus Christ as your personal Savior now is this life, because there as you know a day approaching that no man no the time that your soul is going to be required. It is at that time you will whether you want to or not that you will give and account of the things done in this body and this life. You will be weighed in the balance and I hope and pray you want be found wanting. I hope you decided today on this holiest of days to accept Christ and allow Him to CLEAN THE CLUTTER IN YOUR LIFE. Let this be your triumphant entry to him today.
Everyone that asked this question “Who Is This” will get a answer as they continue to follow Jesus.
The bible says,
11. And the multitude said, This is Jesus the prophet of Nazareth of Galilee.
“THE CLUTTER CLEANER”
For those who claim that Jesus was a wimp or weak is a absolutely wrong it take a man to do what Jesus done. And oh by the way it hasn’t been done since in history.
12. And Jesus went into the temple of God, and cast out all them that sold and bought in the temple, and overthrew the tables of the moneychangers, and the seats of them that sold doves,
Folks right here you ought to know that what you are witnessing was the privatization of the Temple. This is where the Church is control by economics. Be on the watch for this concept to be reintroduced again in the church. This Temple was influence for the demands of the market place, therefore if you didn’t have the money you could not get into the temple. We see in part a type of this today. If you are not a 501C3 government establishment then you are not classified or qualified as Church and will not receive any benefits like an exemptions designation, which all ministry are addicted too!. We can’t do religious business without and the growth of our ministries depends solely upon it.
We are directed and controlled already by the establishment and if we want to conduct and serve God we must first determine whether or not to get the permission of government. He in turn monitors our services, tithes and doctrine. Where is Jesus now because if we ever needed him we sure do need Him now?
13. And said unto them, It is written, My house shall be called the house of prayer;
Where communion with God can take place; free.
Where the word of instruction can be given; free.
Where tithes can be brought and given; free.
Where lives can touched by Jesus; free.
Where the broken can be made whole; free.
Where the lost can be found; Freely.
Where by Spirit dwell; Freely.
but ye have made it a den of thieves.
14. And the blind and the lame came to him in the temple; and he healed them.
15. And when the chief priests and scribes saw the wonderful things that he did, and the children crying in the temple, and saying, Hosanna to the Son of David; they were sore displeased,
16. And said unto him, Hearest thou what these say?
The chief priests wanted to turn the cry’s of joy into sies of sadness.
And Jesus saith unto them, Yea; have ye never read, Out of the mouth of babes and sucklings thou hast perfected praise?
Jesus had a full day’s work clearing the clutter from the church house and He is still willing to clean house. Do you need your Spiritual house cleaned today? Don’t call for Molly the Maid call for the Mighty Man of God. His name is Jesus. Jesus. Jesus. Jesus.
17. And he left them, and went out of the city into Bethany; and he lodged there.
18. Now in the morning as he returned into the city, he hungered.
I need to give you some concrete information as to what Spiritual Clutter really is so you can identify them in your life anytime and anywhere they are in your way. The definition of Spiritual Clutter is those things in our life that are not beneficial; they do not profit you but are continually in our way. You might call them stumbling blocks, because that what you normally do when Clutter is around. You’re always falling over it or snubbing your toe on stuff in you space. Anybody ever stumbled and hit their toe in here besides me. Ouch, ou wee, that hurt; I can still feel the pain. But if I would have Cleared that Clutter I would have gain and not grimacing pain. Hello. Now get ready here it comes Clutters that are not worthy of our time any longer are seeds of doubt, fear, anger, jealousy, hatred, unforgiveness, bitterness, greed, lewdness, backbiting, and etc. Did I name any of your clutters or did a miss you. I hope by now most of you have Cleared your Temple and Spiritual house of these Clutters.
19. And when he saw a fig tree in the way, he came to it, and found nothing thereon, but leaves only, and said unto it, Let no fruit grow on thee henceforward for ever. And presently the fig tree withered away.
20. And when the disciples saw it, they marveled, saying, how soon the fig tree is withered away!
21. Jesus answered and said unto them, Verily I say unto you, If ye have faith, and doubt not, ye shall not only do this which is done to the fig (or Temple, Church House, Board Room or Home) tree, but also if ye shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; it shall be done.
22. And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive.
The Good News today is that Jesus has Cleared the way for you and I. He put folks on notice that we would be following Him centuries later and we need not have to clear the way to God; the holy of holies. We need not make a triumph entry; we can come quietly and unimposing just as long as we come while the door is open. The Doors to the Church are open and will remain open until the last person has enter. No one knows who that last person may be. Is it you or you who will enter and the door like on the Ark that Noah built will be closed to this dispensation. I don’t want you to be left out when the Master comes again. If you don’t know Him how do you expect Him to know you?
Would you repeat after me this short believer’s prayer?
8. Your word is nigh me, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which I have heard;
9. That if I confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in my heart that God hath raised him from the dead, I will be saved.
10. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
I Believe Lord and I confess Him today.
11. For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.
12. For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him. I call upon you now to save my soul from hell.
13. For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
I call upon you now Jesus the Christ in the sight of God and these witness and the Holy Spirit To keep me and “Clean the Clutter” out of my life so I will be fit for the work you have assigned for me to do. Thank you Lord. Amen.
Rev. Sylvester Williams, Jr.
March 16, 2008