THE PLATFORM THAT TRANSFORMS Page 1
By Rev. Sylvester Williams, Jr.
January 27, 2008
MLK Day revisited. Was anything missing? Or have we settled for the lesser instead of the better; the Celebration instead of the Challenge; the same instead of the Change.
Dr. King like Jesus was an irritant and a radical also pioneer and not a puppet to be compromised.
I believe each year the ears and eyes of the world are focused in to see where to Christ like voice will emerge that not only offers Celebration but Charges (re-charge us) to awaken to challenges that will not improve unless they are address. I believe the current of Change blows each year but we are not caught up in its breeze. That breeze is a Spiritual one. All great movements by God has a very Spiritual aura and bring with it courage and power that is irresistible for men, but predictable to his saints.
What would MLK have said to us during this past celebrate
in his honor and name.
May I use my imagination for a moment?
Maybe he would say, “It’s time for a Spiritual Stimulus
Plan”, because the world has misunderstood its problems by calling for an
economic stimulus package and free money plan.
You and I both know there is no free lunch and free spending carries with
it careless debt. Would it be
unthinkable to send the money back after you have given God his tenth.
If you really wanted to aid the country why spend its money?
This is a spiritual concept that befits spiritual people.
Maybe MLK, Jr. would have said, “beware of looking at the natural thing for they may appear “progressive”, but lack the spiritual stamp of approval or the seal of God. Instead of being progressive it becomes regressive. Remember the former movements were spiritual in nature causing the revival of change. The current movement we all are seeing is political and lacks the true spiritual element of God.
He would say, It is time for a Stimulus Plan that included God. This will lift us from recession to progression.
And maybe there is one other little thing to be addressed.
Why do we still have cover up for some and none for others? The evidence comes back inconclusive for them but conclusive for others.
For better that 10years we have been watching the Tiger, but not watching the television to determine inclusivity. Are we welcome at the resorts or at the broadcast booth?
Remember 40 years after MLK assignation we will see our
first black official to officiate a Super bowl 42 years.
I believe during the celebrations that reflect the works of Dr. Rev. MLK the worlds people listen for their call into actions, but no action plan wrapped in the fire of God emerges in the hearts of people and the wandering in the wilderness continues.
In other words there is on Platform that Transforms.
THE PLATFORM THAT TRANSFORMS
There are places, positions and station the when used
properly sends a message that is heard by the world.
For instances: The President
of the USA has the Oval Office and all that is in it to address the world and
bring about change. The Pope John
Paul has the Vatican
and St. Peters Square and speaks the oracles of God to his constituents.
The Producers of Cinema have Hollywood to craft and molds the minds of
the world. And lastly the “Preacher
has been given the Pulpit” that transforms the world spiritually.
Petition God to have favor on the flock.
Admonition when in error and exhort to enlightenment.
Prophecy to the world the will of God.
He must import the word from heaven and export it to the flock and then world.
13. For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
14. How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?
15. And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!
16. But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report?
17. So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
5. Tell ye the daughter of Sion, Behold, thy King cometh unto thee, meek, and sitting upon an ass, and a colt the foal of an ass.
6. And the disciples went, and did as Jesus commanded them,
7. And brought the ass, and the colt, and put on them their clothes, and they set him thereon.
8. And a very great multitude spread their garments in the way; others cut down branches from the trees, and strawed them in the way.
9. And the multitudes that went before, and that followed, cried, saying, Hosanna to the Son of David: Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord; Hosanna in the highest.
10. And when he was come into Jerusalem, all the city was moved, saying, Who is this?
11. And the multitude said, This is Jesus the prophet of Nazareth of Galilee.
12. And Jesus went into the temple of God, and cast out all them that sold and bought in the temple, and overthrew the tables of the moneychangers, and the seats of them that sold doves,
13. And said unto them, It is written, My house shall be called the house of prayer; but ye have made it a den of thieves.
14. And the blind and the lame came to him in the temple; and he healed them.
15. And when the chief priests and scribes saw the wonderful things that he did, and the children crying in the temple, and saying, Hosanna to the Son of David; they were sore displeased,
16. And said unto him, Hearest thou what these say? And Jesus saith unto them, Yea; have ye never read, Out of the mouth of babes and sucklings thou hast perfected praise?
Occurs mightily when we take our attention off the Mega ministry as being better or more holy ghost filled and embrace and not shun the Minnie ministry, because there are more of them and they possess God spirit as well. They are relevant.
Stop looking to the outer and concentrate on the inner.
Insist on dressing up the spiritual prior to the physical.
Looking more for individual fulfillment in the midst of the
“Ask not what your Heavenly Father can do for you, but ask what you can do for the Heavenly Father.
It is evident that our understanding of Preaching must be
modified and corrected before a Spiritual revival occurs.
Preaching today is “Preaching until heaven comes down instead of
Preaching until we go up to heaven.
10. I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet,
11. Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea.
12. And I turned to see the voice that spake with me. And being turned, I saw seven golden candlesticks;
13. And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle.
After this I looked, and, behold, a door was opened in heaven: and the first voice which I heard was as it were of a trumpet talking with me; which said, Come up hither, and I will shew thee things which must be hereafter.
Moses went up to see God and brought the Golden tablets home.
Paul was slain in the road to Damascus and found himself in the presents of Jesus and Got a name change.
When we go up from the pulpit of our lives transformation will occur and the old will be new and the crook made straight and the wrong right and that in darkness brought to light.