A LITTLE DAB OF JESUS WILL DO YA!
There is a famous saying popularized by the cartoon character Fred Flintstone “DAB A DAB DO” that has been used in sales pitches to highlight a specific value and effectiveness of a product.
For instance, the dietary clinician instructs us how to eat proper portions of food to maintain our health. You and I know that Americans are overweight and numerous campaigns are underway to combat the obesity problem that have become epidemic in the nation. If we remember the dietary clinicians’ recommendations “A DAB A DO” we can eat healthier.
The health technicians tell us that one drop of blood can determine your health status. Just “A DAB A DO” and you will know whether your health is good or poor.
On a spiritual note, Jesus taught us a little biddy mite goes a mighty long way in the hands of God. And a little faith in God can move mountains.
Just “A DAB A DO” of faith is all we need to do great works for God.
This was the theme throughout Jesus ministry, that all we need is just the smallest “Faith” in the kingdom of God to produce Heavenly wonders on earth.
The bible tells us (John 4:7) Jesus stirred up the faith of a woman of Samaria at the well by asking for a little drink.
9. The woman said unto him, How is it that you, being a Jew, ask drink of me, which am a woman of Samaria? Jews have no dealings with the Samaritans.
10. Jesus answered and said unto her, If you knew the gift of God, and who it is that said to you, Give me to drink; you would have asked of him, and he would have given you living water. “A LITTLE DAB A DO YA”
11. The woman said, Sir, you have nothing to draw with, and the well is deep: from where then have you that living water? 12. Are you greater than our father Jacob, which gave us the well, and drank thereof himself, and his children, and his cattle 13. Jesus answered and said unto her, Whosoever drink of this water
shall thirst again: 14. But whosoever drink of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life. “A LITTLE DAB OF JESUS WILL DO YA!”
15. The woman said unto him, Sir, give me this water, that I thirst not, neither come here to draw. 16. Jesus said unto her, Go, call thy husband, and come here. 17. The woman answered and said, I have no husband. Jesus said unto her, you have well said, I have no husband: 18. for you have had five husbands; and he whom you now have is not your husband: in that said you truly.
19. The woman said unto him, Sir, I perceive that you are a prophet. (Dip/Dab)
24. God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth. 25. The woman said unto him, I know that Messias cometh, which is called Christ: when he is come, he will tell us all things. 26. Jesus said to her, I that speak unto you am he.
Listen, saints of God, the Samaritan woman felt the Spirit of Christ and got a drink of that living water Truth from Jesus and “A LITTLE DAB A DO”. A Well Spring.
28. The woman then left her waterpot, and went her way into the city, and said to the men, 29. Come, see a man, which told me all things that ever I did: is not this the Christ? 30. Then they went out of the city, and came unto him.
39. And many of the Samaritans of that city believed on him for the saying of the woman, which testified, “A LITTLE DAB OF JESUS WILL DO YA” He told me all that ever I did.
40. So when the Samaritans were come unto him, they besought him that he would tarry with them: and he abode there two days. 41. And many more believed because of his word;
42. And said to the woman, Now we believe, not because of HIS saying: for we have heard him ourselves, and know that this is indeed the Christ, the Saviour of the world. “A LITTLE DAB OF CHRIST ” did it for them too!
People question whether or not “A LITTLE DAB OF JESUS WILL DO YA”
John 6:28. Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God? 29. Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.
30. They said therefore unto him, What sign show you then, that we may see, and believe you? What dost thou work?
47. Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believe on me has everlasting life.
48. I am that bread of life. 49. Your fathers did eat manna in the wilderness, and are dead. 50. This is the bread which cometh down from heaven, that a man may eat thereof, and not die. 51. I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eats of this bread, he shall live forever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.
52. The Jews therefore strove among themselves, saying, how can this man give us his flesh to eat? They didn’t know “A LITTLE DAB A DO YA”
53. Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.
Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life. And “A LITTLE DAB OF YOU WILL DO”
69. And we believe and are sure that thou art that Christ, the Son of the living God.
In both of these biblical stories declares “A LITTLE DAB OF JESUS WILL DO YOU”.
It will save your soul from hell and give you eternal life. It will clean up what you have messed up. It will pick you up and turn you around and plant your feet on solid ground.
CONFESS JESUS, BELIEVE JESUS AND RECEIVE JESUS. AND YOU SHALL BE SAVED.
“JUST A LITTLE DAB A DAB OF JESUS WILL DO YOU”.
Preached by: Rev. Sylvester Williams, Jr., May 4th, 2008