PICTURES | GOOD NEWS | PRAYERS | CONTACT WUBS
FIVE 2010 ADMONISHMENTS
BY REV. SYLVESTER WILLIAMS, JR.
STRIVE FOR PEACE
Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called
the children of God.
Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. John 14: 27
If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men. Roman 12: 18
Galatians 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
23. Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
24. And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts. 25. If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
PAY ATTENTION TO THE HOLY SPIRIT
He is working in your behalf so learn by listening to him speaking and working out situation for your benefit.
John 14: 16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you forever;
17. Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
18. I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.
26. But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.
27. Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.
FEAR NOT TO TRUST GOD; “IN GOD YOU TRUST”
22. The blessing of the Lord, it maketh rich, and he addeth no sorrow with it.
21. Behold, the Lord thy God hath set the land before thee: go up and possess it, as the Lord God of thy fathers hath said unto thee; fear not, neither be discouraged.
31. But rather seek ye the kingdom of God; and all these things shall be added unto you. 32. Fear not, little flock; for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom.
28. And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.
Even though the devil is taunting you and trying to steal your “Joy in Jesus” God wants to give you more joy. God wants to not only change that picture, but wants to change your disposition and position in Him. He wants in 2010 to re-create you and MAKE YOU BRAND NEW CHRIST.
1 Peter 4: 12.
Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try
you, as though some strange thing happened unto you:
REST IN THE LORD IN 2010
Let us learn to rest in Jesus from the rising of the sun until the going down.
Remembering, it is Jesus that does the work through us and not ourselves.
According to legend, “If you keep a bow always bent, it will break eventually; but if you let it go slack, it will be more fit for use when you want it.”
People are also like that. That’s why we all need to take time to rest. You will be at your best for the Lord if you have taken time to loosen the bow.
Matthew 11: 28. Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
30. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.
1. Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it.
2. For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.
3. For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.
4. For he spake in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works.
5. And in this place again, if they shall enter into my rest.
6. Seeing therefore it remaineth that some must enter therein, and they to whom it was first preached entered not in because of unbelief:
7. Again, he limiteth a certain day, saying in David, To day, after so long a time; as it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts.
8. For if Jesus had given them rest, then would he not afterward have spoken of another day.
9. There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God.
10. For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his.
11. Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.
12. For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
13. Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in his sight: but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of him with whom we have to do.
14. Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession.
15. For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.
16. Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.
The saint’s rest, in communion with Christ
30. And the apostles gathered themselves together unto Jesus, and told him all things, both what they had done, and what they had taught.
31. And he said unto them, Come ye yourselves apart into a desert place, and rest a while: for there were many coming and going, and they had no leisure so much as to eat. Mark 6:30-31
I believe when you apply this five suggested spiritual principles there is no way of failing to win in 2010. IN 2010 YOU WIN!
“Carry some quiet around inside thee,” the well-known Quaker, George Fox, used to say. “Be still and cool in thy own mind and spirit, whereby thou mayest receive the strength and power to allay all storms and tempests.”
Rev. Sylvester Williams, Jr.
ICU Ministries, Inc.
January 31, 2010