A MOUNTAIN CLIMBER FOR GOD
There are some mountains that are so high you can’t see over them and so wide you can’t go around them and so deep you can’t go under them, therefore you must climb them. Some mountains we are call to cast away into yonder place by faith, but I have discovered that people called by God are called to be Spiritual mountain climbers so they can get nearer to their God and so they can get a clearer vision of what God wants to reveal and share with men. When you get nearer to Him, my dear saints of God, your vision gets clearer. “The nearer the clearer is the vision.”
The bible says, “Many people are called, but only a few chosen.” Because of not many are willing to climb that Spiritual Mountain. They are not willing to go up the rough side of the mountain. The most obvious reason is it is too dangerous and risky to be climbing any mountains. So they follow the beaten path and become beaten men and women. Broad is the way that leads into destruction, but narrow is the way of life.
I prophesy today, if you will become a “Spiritual Mountain Climber For God” you will walk out on dry land in the midst your flood of troubles like Noah did from Mt. Ararat in the midst of his flood.
I prophesy today, if you will become a “Spiritual Mountain Climber For God” God plan for your life as a gift to the world will be revealed just like Moses saw from Mt. Sinai a plan for civilization called the Ten Commandments, and I prophesy to you today if you be a “Mountain Climber For God” you will defeat every enemy that comes against you and God like Elijah the Prophet did on Mt. Carmel and defeated the power of Baal who war against the God of Heaven. I prophesy today, if you will become a “Spiritual Mountain Climber For God” you will see what St. John saw Jesus high and lifted up; 17. And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last:
18. I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.. Amen.
We’ll see the power of God displayed on top of our “Spiritual Mountain.” Then we’ll understand in a new way that God power is omnipotent, omnipresent and omniscience and his grace and mercy are from everlasting to everlasting. Amen.
My dear brother s and sisters, mountain peaks are never crowded and there is room for you. I've climbed a few mountains, which are in AZ (South Mountain, North Mountain and Camel Back Mountain). It's gets lonesome sometimes, and you have to leave everything behind to do it. You're likely to get lots of scratches and bruises and it might even cost you your life.
But my dear saints of God, if you're going to climb God’s Spiritual Mountain, you have to have the faith that it's really worth dying for!
Any mountain-the mountain of this life, the mountain of goals, the mountain of obstacles, mountain of difficulty-if you're going to climb it, it has to be worth dying for, to brave obstacles and adversities. But when you get to the mountain top you feel closer to the Lord than you have ever been before. You just want to go higher and higher in the Lord!
My first warning, watch where you step, watch out, because one little misstep into sin will send you right down to the bottom again. If you slip and fall quickly repent and never make that error again!
Once you have climbed a mountain and reached the peak, you may not want to leave.
Apostle Paul stated Philippians 1:21 For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.
22. But if I live in the flesh, this is the fruit of my labour: yet what I shall choose I wot not. 23. For I am in a strait betwixt two, having a desire to depart, and to be with Christ; which is far better: 24. Nevertheless to abide in the flesh is more needful for you.
Remember we are pioneers traveling through this bearing land on your way to the promise land. Pioneers must have vision-vision to see what no one else can see; faith-faith to believe things no one else believes; initiative-initiative to keep on keeping on when the going gets tough and the courage to see it through!
My second warning; when you appear to be on a Spiritual Mountain while others are in the valley, they hate you, because it's obvious you are above them, and they don't want anyone to be above them. They want to keep you stuck in the rut like the rest of them. They don't want it to be known that there is a high place to go than the valley, and they will do everything they can to discourage you from climbing your Spiritual Mountain.
Joshua and Caleb, two of the Old Testament Hebrews who scouted out the Promised Land, were real pioneers and mountain climbers. When the other scouts expressed fear of the dangers and hardships before them, Caleb as good as said, "Let the unbelievers take the valleys and stay in their rut. I'll take the mountain!" (See Numbers 13:30) He was a fighter and a pioneer. Caleb and Joshua were the only two of the older generation who survived the forty years in the wilderness with Moses and were allowed by God to enter and enjoy the Promised Land.
Remember beaten paths are for beaten men, but mountain top experiences are for the mighty men, women, and children of God. Somebody say amen in this house!
So in 2010 take your “Spiritual Mountain” that God has set before you.
When you get to the top, God will speak to you and will teach and reveal to you the greatest of His secrets! You shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free!
You will hear things in your ear that will be heard around the world. God will whisper things in your ear that will change the course of history! I’m a witness for Jehovah.
Our fore parents heard it and the freedom fighters heard it and it time for you to ear it!
Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. “I have a dream” speech of 1963(47 years ago) still carries the anointing power to transform lives and nations. Especially, when he said
Let us not wallow in the valley of despair. But Climb the “Spiritual Mountain of God” and let freedom ring from the prodigious hilltops of New Hampshire. Let freedom ring from the mighty mountains of New York.
Let freedom ring from the heightening Alleghenies of Pennsylvania. Let freedom ring from the snow-capped Rockies of Colorado. Let freedom ring from the curvaceous slopes of California.
But not only that, Let freedom ring from Stone Mountain of Georgia. Let freedom ring from Lookout Mountain of Tennessee.
Let freedom ring from every hill and molehill of Mississippi, from every mountainside, let freedom ring!
And when this happens, when we allow freedom to ring, when we let it ring from every tenement and every hamlet, from every state and every city, we will be able to speed up that day when all of God's children, black men and white men, Jews and Gentiles, Protestants and Catholics, will be able to join hands and sing in the words of the old Negro spiritual, "Free at last, free at last. Thank God Almighty, we are free at last."
Dr. MLK, Jr. had been to his Spiritual Mountain top with Jesus and looked over and told us we were going to get there to the promise land. Amen.
The disciples heard the voice of Jesus on their Mountain of trouble.
The Lord Jesus Christ words are truer now as ever before in St. John 14: John 14
1. Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.
2. In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. 3. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.
4. And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know.
5. Thomas saith unto him, Lord, we know not whither thou goest; and how can we know the way? 6. Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. 12. Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father. 13. And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.
14. If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.
15. If ye love me, keep my commandments.
Second of Five Suggestions for year 2010 by Rev. Williams
Pay attention to the Holy Spirit. He is working in your behalf so learn by listening to him speaking and working out situation for your benefit.
16. And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you forever;
17. Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
18. I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.
26. But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.
27. Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.
Rev. Sylvester Williams, Jr.
ICU Ministries, Inc.
January 10, 2010